Katherine is an engaging speaker and reader. She has given keynote addresses and talks at conferences, libraries, workplaces, hospices, seniors’ residences, pubs, and more. She is frequently interviewed about her writing on caregiving and death and dying in the media and on podcasts.
Contact us if you’d like to schedule Katherine for an interview or event.
In the Media
- Katherine spoke with CBC’s Ontario Morning about the Vanier Institute report she authored Family Perspectives: Death and Dying in Canada. The interview which starts at 2:54 has a great discussion about how to start the conversation with people who don’t want to talk about death!
- Listen to Katherine speak about Death and Dying on CBC’s Ottawa Morning.
- Katherine was featured in an episode of the End of Life University podcast where she spoke about hospice volunteering and caring for our aging parents.
- Caregiving Matters interviewed Katherine on a podcast, where she discussed powers of attorney and the importance of talking with family about our wishes and hopes for the end of our lives.
- Katherine was interviewed by Pandora Peoples on Healing Wisdom, on Outermost Community Radio, WOMR, Provincetown, MA
- Katherine was one of 21 experts participating in a free Telesummit called It’s About How You LIVE, which was designed to help you take the fear out of conversations about advance care planning, serious illness, hospice care and grief. The archived conversation can be listened to once you register here!
- During the pandemic, Katherine has been giving talks about self-care to seniors through the Seniors Centre without Walls program. She has also done ZOOM talks to caregivers and to isolated seniors. Early in the pandemic, she made several videos about managing life during pandemic times. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0YuPCTMl7UpCY3v8Aav-EQ
- Katherine gave the keynote address at the annual Federal Retirees Open House at Beechwood Cemetery. See some of her comments about the Myths of Caregiving
- Katherine joined Carers UK Chief Executive Heléna Herklots in Toronto for Hot Talks on Health — Caregivers: Lessons from the UK, Opportunities for Ontario, at a well-attended event and webinar hosted by the Change Foundation.
- Katherine joined Ronda Parsons (Creating Joy & Meaning for the Dementia Patient) for a discussion on Caring for the Caregivers at the Virginia Festival of the Book in Charlottesville.
- Katherine spoke about caregiving at the +55 Multi Cultural Seniors’ Club Program at Ottawa’s Foster Farm Community Centre.
- Katherine gave a Plenary Address on Historical Changes in Death and Dying in Canada at the Bereavement Ontario Network Annual Fall Conference
- Katherine was one of about 20 authors selling and signing books at the First Annual Provincetown Book Festival.
- Katherine participated in a panel on Caregiving at the Families in Canada Conference.