Katherine has led discussions, given key note addresses, held readings and signed books in a variety of locations including libraries, workplaces, conferences, hospices and pubs. She has participated in wellness events, annual meetings, author readings and conferences. Contact us if you’d like to schedule Katherine for an event.
Upcoming Events and Readings
Past Readings and Appearances
- Thursday February 9, 2017, noon – 2:00. Guest Speaker at Food for Thought, sponsored by the City of Ottawa.
- Saturday February 4, 2017, 9:30-11:30. St. Luke’s Anglican Church, Ottawa. Katherine will talk about the challenges and rewards of caregiving.
- Friday, October 14, 2016, 9-10:30, Bereavement Ontario Network Annual Fall Conference, Geneva Park YMCA Conference Centre, Orillia, ON – Dr. Arnup gave a Plenary Address on Historical Changes in Death and Dying in Canada.
- Katherine was one of about 20 authors selling and signing books at the First Annual Provincetown Book Festival.
- Katherine joined Carers UK Chief Executive Heléna Herklots in Toronto for Hot Talks on Health — Caregivers: Lessons from the UK, Opportunities for Ontario, at a well-attended event and webinar hosted by the Change Foundation.
- 2016 Virginia Festival of the Book, Charlottesville, VA, – Katherine joined Ronda Parsons (Creating Joy & Meaning for the Dementia Patient) for a discussion on Caring for the Caregivers.
- Caregiving Matters interviewed Katherine on a podcast, where she discussed powers of attorney and the importance of talking with family about our wishes and hopes for the end of our lives.
- Katherine was interviewed by Pandora Peoples on Healing Wisdom, on Outermost Community Radio, WOMR, Provincetown, MA- September 17, 2015
- Panel on Caregiving, Families in Canada Conference, Ottawa, ON – June 11, 2015
- Katherine on CBC’s Ottawa Morning – May 4, 2015