“I don’t have time for this!” – Summary:
“I don’t have time for this!” provides a roadmap for the journey into aging, illness, and dying that we will all travel-ourselves and the people we love. With gentle persuasion and moving stories from her family, her clients, and her years as a hospice volunteer, Dr. Katherine Arnup shows how to overcome the fear of aging and loss so we can show up for the challenges in our lives.
You will discover:
- the ways to begin essential conversations with your parents – before it’s too late!
- the tools you need to survive and thrive as a caregiver
- the keys to releasing guilt and regret
- the joy that’s possible when you stop running from your life
- the secret to asking for and receiving help
- the rewards of being present with the people you love during the final chapter of their lives.
Subtitle: A Compassionate Guide to Caring for Your Parents and Yourself
Authors: Katherine Arnup, PhD
Genre/Keywords: Non-fiction – Aging Parents, Eldercare, Caregiving, Family Relationships, Adult Children, Illness, Death and Dying, Self-help
Length: 202 pages
Publisher: Life Changes Press
Release date: April 9, 2015
ISBN: 978-0-9940078-0-3 (print)
ISBN: 978-0-9940078-1-0 (e-book)
Purchase: Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Chapters
“Dr. Arnup deftly melds stories from her personal and professional experience to provide practical guidance and sound counsel. I don’t have time for this! is an invaluable resource for all of us with aging parents.”
-Ira Byock, MD, Director of the Providence Institute for Human Caring, Professor at Dartmouth’s Geisel School of Medicine, author of Dying Well and The Best Care Possible